In March 1968, Bob Bauerkemper started Bauerkemper’s in downtown Chadron on 2nd and Morehead. It initially began with the sales of Honda and Yamaha motorcycles as well as working on auto electric systems. Being located across the street from Henken’s Implement was a big help in the initial success, due to their business servicing ranching and farming equipment. Bob spent much of his time promoting and introducing our products to western Nebraska, southwestern South Dakota, and eastern Wyoming. Over time Bob’s success in motorcycle sales allowed the shop to discontinue the auto electric and focus completely on Honda and Yamaha products. In 1980, our business moved from our original building to our current location at 1080 W Highway 20.
After working for many years side-by-side, Dave took over his father’s position as owner and manager of Bauerkemper’s Inc. Dave has continued to offer customer satisfaction in a friendly, knowledgeable small town family atmosphere.
The shop has always employed a staff of motorcycle and ATV enthusiasts. All of our employees take pride in fixing or selling the units that they own, use, and ride themselves.